Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Good Afternoon!
Whew... it seems like the week is flying by. I am just now finally sitting down at my computer to check emails. I am going to try and update the blog weekly for sure, but I try and do it daily. This week has just been tough to do that.

What a great group of kiddos I have this year. I am so excited to get the year started. Like I said before, I am trying to get them back into routines, so this week their has already been a lot of color changes. Hopefully that will change once they get back in the routine of school. They just love to talk! :) They really missed all their friends, but I can't blame them, I do too!! So this week are working on procedures, rules and getting to know how first grade runs.

Every morning we talk about or good things and today we started to write about our good things. Wow I was impressed at how well their sentence was! They all worked so hard to sound out their sounds to spell their words.

Math this week we have been talking about graphs. Yesterday they made a birthday graph, and today we made a graph with the number of letters in our name.

As the year goes on, I will have students updating the blog with things that are going on in the classroom.

I am so excited for this year, and I know we are going to have a blast. Please let me know if you have any concerns or questions. My email is sargentl@rcisd.org

Upcoming dates:
9/7/15 No school Labor Day
9/14 at 6:00 we will have a parent meeting to give information about 1st grade

Have a great night!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for taking the time out of your day/week to do this! I'm very impressed :) We looking forward to another great year @ Davis!!

    -Kacie Vandiver (Lexi's mom)

    ReplyDelete